Manual Handling E-Learning Training ensures you are aware of the safe methods of lifting the legal aspects associated with manual handling in the workplace. All you need to know about safe manual handling is within this Manual Handling E-Learning course.
A competent workforce is essential when carrying and lifting in the workplace as it is not only a legal requirement, it reduces lost time incidents in the workplace. It includes lifting techniques, ‘LITE’ and ‘TILE’ and explains the importance of safe manual handling. Correct Manual Handling is so important to your everyday health, especially if you’re regularly lifting.
Key concepts covered include:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operative.
- State the definition of manual handling, the main causes of manual handling injuries and the reasons for manual handling training
- Describe the function and shape of the human spine
- Describe the function of the intervertebral discs
- Understand the effects of static loading and the risks involved in team lifting
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal and dynamic risk assessment
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for manual handling operations
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Describe and demonstrate safe handling techniques
Online assessment of 20 multiple choice questions follows after completion of this course.