This Asbestos Awareness Courses enables the learner to have an increased awareness of the nature, locations and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke.
Have familiarization with the uses, types and occurrences of asbestos in buildings.
Key concepts covered include:
- How to ascertain correct information on asbestos in premises before commencing any work.
- What measures to take if suspected asbestos is discovered.
- How to apply suitable and sufficient workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process.
- Seeking advice on precautions in respect of the risks of asbestos.
- Carry out your tasks in a safe manner preventing exposure to yourself or others.
- Have an understanding of the legislation in surrounding asbestos.
- What procedures you must follow if accidentally coming into contact with asbestos-containing materials (ACM’s)
- Recognise the emergency arrangements and procedures when working around ACM’s.
Online assessment of 16 multiple choice questions follows after completion of this course.